Google On Site - Brought to you by Destination British Columbia
We know digital is a big, and growing, part of your business. To help you get the most out of your online efforts, for the first time the Google and the YouTube Canada Tourism team will be on site at the BC Tourism Industry Conference to give you direct help with your most pressing questions. Appointments will be available throughout the conference with specialists in the four areas listed below.
- Appointments will be scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
- One appointment time per person/business, so prioritize your topic area of the four available.
- Appointments are 30 minutes in duration.
- Be sure to come prepared with your questions, your computer, and your relevant login information.
1. Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a free web analytics tool that lets you understand and measure key actions that potential travelers take when they arrive on your website (and how they got there). If you are already using Google Analytics, come with your login details ready and we can dig into the data. If you are thinking about using Google Analytics on your site, we can help with that too.
2. Google AdWords and/or Google My Business:
- When you advertise with AdWords, you’re investing in your business. Make sure you understand how AdWords works and how this investment can help you grow your business -- all within your budget. If you already have an account, come with your login details ready, and we will help you with changes or suggestions for optimizations. If you have never used AdWords but would like to know more about how it might help your business, this is the appointment slot you want to sign up for.
- Every business can have their "online storefront" set up by claiming their Google My Business account. We'll show you how to set this up, and do cool things like respond to reviews and post photos and videos.
3. YouTube & Digital Content: We'll help you get the most out of your YouTube channel (or help you set one up), as well as help you evaluate all of your digital content with the lens of Tourism best practices. Come ready with your YouTube channel login, and any questions you have on how to create compelling content your potential visitors will love! (note: if you have an iPhone, we'd recommend downloading the YouTube Director app before your appointment).
4. General: Do you have questions about your business that aren't covered here, or just want some overall advice? Don't be shy, we're here to help. No question is a bad question!